By E. L. Risden
E. L. Risden is affiliate Professor of English at St. Norbert university, the place he teaches medieval and Renaissance literature. he's the writer of a dozen books, together with Beasts of Time, Beowulf in devoted Verse, Beowulf for enterprise, and The Heroes and the Gods.
Read or Download A Living Light PDF
Best church history books
Church buildings have cut up and denominations have shaped over the difficulty of church executive. but whereas many Christians can clarify their specific church’s type of rule and should staunchly uphold it, few have a very biblical realizing of it. What version for governing the church does the Bible supply? Is there room for various tools?
This festschrift honoring Joseph Komonchak contains a number of educational essays within which his colleagues and previous scholars paintings to increase his scholarly paintings in various instructions. The e-book honors the achievements of Komonchak, yet extra importantly, it gathers recognized researchers to strengthen present scholarship at the modifications of the Roman Catholic Church within the 20th century.
For plenty of English puritans, the hot global represented new possibilities for the reification of reformation, if now not a website in which they may start to adventure the stipulations of the millennium itself. for plenty of Irish Catholics, against this, the recent international grew to become linked to the event of defeat, pressured transportation, indentured provider, cultural and non secular loss.
This can be the 1st significant paintings at the background of the secular church within the Frankish states of Syria and the Holy Land - a topic which has now not hitherto attracted the curiosity of ecclesiastical historians. the current e-book has been written to fill this crucial hole in crusader experiences. It offers with the interval stretching from the institution of a Latin hierarchy after the 1st campaign to the ultimate conquest through the Mamluks in 1291.
- Rally the Scattered Believers: Northern New England’s Religious Geography (Religion in North America)
- Transatlantic Revivalism: Popular Evangelicalism in Britain and America 1790-1865 (Studies in Evangelical History and Thought)
- Alexander or Jesus?: The Origin of the Title “Son of God”
- The Genre and Development of the Didache: A Text-Linguistic Analysis (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- Theological Education at Finkenwalde: 1935-1937: 14 (Dietrich Bonhoeffer Works)
- "A Plea For The Presence of God"
Extra resources for A Living Light
A Living Light by E. L. Risden