By Charles Mahoney
- Breaking loose from the limits of the traditionally-studied authors, the gathering takes a revitalized method of the sphere and brings jointly the most interesting paintings being performed at the moment time
- Emphasizes poetic shape and approach instead of a biographical approach
- Features essays on construction and distribution and the several colleges and routine of Romantic Poetry
- Introduces modern contexts and views, in addition to the problems and debates that proceed to force scholarship within the field
- Presents the main accomplished and compelling selection of essays on British Romantic poetry at the moment available
Read or Download A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
This comparative 1997 examine examines a medieval love tale, Floire and Blancheflor, and indicates how writers from Spain, France, Italy, England and Scandinavia remodeled the tale from the 12th to the 16th century to improve and emphasize social, political, non secular and inventive objectives, whereas keeping its wonderful features.
The English rectory nestling beside an historical church could evoke a scene from Jane Austen or conjure up anything a lot darker, reminiscent of the parsonage at the Yorkshire Moors the place the Brontë sisters led their constrained but inventive lives. This attractive, deeply researched ebook explores the lives of writers and poets who have been both the kids of clergy, equivalent to Tennyson and Dorothy L.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
For Decadent authors, Romanticism used to be a resource of robust imaginitive revisionism, perversion, transition, and partial negation. yet for these types of robust Decadent reactions opposed to the interval, the cultural phenomenon of Decadence shared with Romanticism a mutual mistrust of the philosophy of utilitarianism and the aesthetics of neo-Classicism.
- Animality in British Romanticism: The Aesthetics of Species (Routledge Studies in Romanticism)
- Island Genres, Genre Islands: Conceptualisation and Representation in Popular Fiction (Rethinking the Island)
- The Unnameable Monster in Literature and Film (Routledge Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Literature)
- On Emerging from Hyper-Nation: Saramago’s "Historical" Trilogy (Purdue studies in romance literatures)
- Robert Southey and the Contexts of English Romanticism (Nineteenth Century)
- Carl Maria von Weber: Oberon and Cosmopolitanism in the Early German Romantic
Extra info for A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Romantic Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Charles Mahoney